Yaga Direct Download
Smash, clobber and bash the murderous legends of Slavic mythology in this darkly funny action role-playing game that changes every time you play. Play as Ivan, a one-handed blacksmith with incredibly bad luck, who must take on the impossible tasks given to him by the tzar. All the while the mysterious witch, Baba Yaga, watches over Ivan’s fate. The world of Yaga is a world steeped in Slavic folklore and ancient Pagan beliefs. Featuring a head-bobbing Romanian hip-hop soundtrack from Subcarpați and striking, hand-drawn 2D artwork. Yaga is an authentic love letter to childhood fables from Romanian indie developer, Breadcrumbs Interactive. Bludgeon the ancient monsters of Slavic folklore using a vast arsenal of hammers and tools forged by Ivan’s own hands. Your actions change Ivan’s story, his reputation, and the upgrades he can choose. Experiment in the deep forging system to make weapons like teleporting lightning hammers and hookshot pitchforks.
Explore the combinations of talismans, magic items, blessings, perks, and curses to fundamentally change how Ivan plays. Multiple endings, multiple ways of solving encounters, procedural map, lots of characters to encounter, and hidden secrets mean Yaga is meant to be played over and over again. Ivan’s grandma just wants him to find a wife. Don’t disappoint her! Yaga’s story explores traditional eastern eurpean folklore. The graphics are beautiful 2D rendered with smooth animations. The music is really good, a combination of traditional romanian folk with occasional modern beats. The voice acting is top notch though both the voices and some of the writing seem… british. The gameplay is fun. There are a number of compelling systems at play that intertwine in very interesting ways. The crafting system is simple but offers good variety. The bad luck mechanic (which causes your weapons to break if you fill the bad luck meter by using magic) requires careful balancing and adds a new dimension to encounters.
Yaga Direct Play:
It’s lovely to see that indies can make RPG dialogue scenes feel pretty neat that you want to follow along even without massive AAA budgets, I much prefer this way that reminds of Hades’ way of handling dialogue instead of the massive walls of text boxes some RPGs opt for instead. Combat is pretty satisfying, handles well, talismans can help to tweak it a lot, and crafting weapons seems to have a lot of potential for interesting combinations. Can sometimes get a bit repetitive though. The soundtrack is one of the strongest pros of Yaga, to the point where I listen to it every day even when not playing the game! The fusion of Slavic ethno and more modern genres (hip-hop comes to mind) kicks up the enjoyment while playing tenfold, and really clicks well with what is displayed on the screen.
- Requires a 64-bit processor and operating system
- OS: Windows 7, 8, 10
- Processor: Intel CPU Core i3-2500K 2.0GHz+ / AMD CPU Phenom II 570
- Memory: 4 GB RAM
- Graphics: GeForce 8800 GTX, GT640, GT730, Radeon HD 5850, HD Graphics 530
- DirectX: Version 10
- Storage: 3 GB available space
- Sound Card: Stereo
- Click the Download Here button above and you should be redirected to GamesDatabase.
- Wait 5 seconds and click on the grey ‘download now’ button. Now let the download begin and wait for it to finish.
- Once the game is done downloading, right click the .zip file and click on “Extract to” (To do this you must have 7-Zip or winrar, which you can get here).
- Double click inside the Yaga folder and run the exe application.
- Thats all, enjoy the game! Make sure to run the game as administrator and if you get any missing dll errors, look for a file named All In One Runtimes.exe run this and install it.