WORDLAND Direct Download
WORDLAND is a minimalist puzzle game. A mix of puzzle and crossword. Answer the clues, arrange the pieces and discover the words. Can you find all words and solve each puzzle? Give it a try and show yourself you have a strong vocabulary and good spelling skills. wordland is a great word game/crossword/tetris hybrid. there are various shapes with letters on a grid and they have to be arranged to form all the words described on the bottom. no diagonals, only left to right or downward, but they don’t all have to be connected to each other. in fact, the game accepts layouts that wouldn’t fly in a real crossword (e.g. ‘sir’ horizontally, ‘pure’ above it vertically, so it’s technically ‘purei’ but it’s fine here). 150 levels unlocked one by one (50 of them were added after release), the 3 difficulty levels control the amount of revealed letters (more on easy, only the first letter on normal, none on hard). there’s no indication of any of this in the game, and what will drive achievement people up the wall is playing on hard doesn’t unlock easy and normal achievements, so 3 full playthroughs for them, while the rest of us can enjoy playing however we please.
Controls are very convenient, left click to pick a piece up, mouse wheel to rotate in either direction, another left click to place. my biggest gripe with the game was the size of the board, lots of tedium when the word was one letter too long and the entire thing had to be moved a tile to the left piece by piece. plenty of space on the screen, not sure why only a small area was used if it’s not a lazy mobile port, but after a while the boards got resized to 20×12, good enough. I think a bit more could’ve been done with the game, more elegant solutions and whatnot, plus difficulty is all over the place, though it obviously also depends on your vocabulary. still, it’s really pleasant overall, and a dollar is an absolute steal to become a citizen of wordland. can’t say I approve of releasing not one but two sequels within a short time though. one after a month, another following shortly,
WORDLAND Direct Play:
And based on the store pages backgrounds are the same. couldn’t be lazier, even solitaires change them while offering the same exact thing otherwise. 50 levels instead of the usual 100, unlocked one by one. the 3 difficulty levels control the amount of revealed letters (more on easy, only the first letter on normal, none on hard), but there’s no indication of any of this in the game, so you can’t see which levels were completed on which difficulty.
- Requires a 64-bit processor and operating system
- OS: Windows 10
- Processor: 2 Ghz Dual Core
- Memory: 2 GB RAM
- Graphics: Graphics card supporting DirectX 9.0c
- Storage: 200 MB available space
- Sound Card: Any
- Click the Download Here button above and you should be redirected to GamesDatabase.
- Wait 5 seconds and click on the grey ‘download now’ button. Now let the download begin and wait for it to finish.
- Once the game is done downloading, right click the .zip file and click on “Extract to” (To do this you must have 7-Zip or winrar, which you can get here).
- Double click inside the WORDLAND folder and run the exe application.
- Thats all, enjoy the game! Make sure to run the game as administrator and if you get any missing dll errors, look for a file named All In One Runtimes.exe run this and install it.