We Are The Caretakers Direct Download
We Are The Caretakers is an afrofuturist squad management RPG. Assemble a secret faction of protectors in squad-building systems inspired by Ogre Battle, Darkest Dungeon, Black Panther, and XCOM. Defend the endangered animals your world relies on in strategic turn-based combat. Define your approach to a global resistance by balancing your reputation, funds, research, animals and alliances. We Are The Caretakers is an exciting new type of strategy game, blending squad building, RTS-with-pause, narrative, and turn-based JRPG combat into one thrilling campaign. The game introduces players to an original sci-fi universe with nuanced characters, grim dark narrative, deep mysteries, layered unit management challenges, and escalating conflicts that have no easy or absolute solutions. It is developed by a critically-acclaimed and diverse team including IGF nominees, ex-Microsoft, and ex-Blizzard developers.
AFROFUTURIST UNIVERSE: Former Blizzard artist Anthony Jones’ breathtaking afrofuturist style and signature character designs bring a new sci-fi world to life. REPUTATION SYSTEM: Every action committed in the world affects how others see the Caretakers. Do they fear you? Or will they support your quest to protect the endangered Raun, and decide the fate of the world? TURN-BASED ENCOUNTERS: Balance force with diplomacy in an innovative turn-based combat system. Live with the consequences as you deal with the messy reality of animal conservation. SQUAD BUILDING: Assemble up to 9 squads from 100s of characters with diverse traits, weaknesses, abilities, and personalities. Train and upgrade your Caretakers across 30+ unique job classes. GROW YOUR HEADQUARTERS: Meet leaders, research technologies, and recruit allies in your sci-fi HQ. Balance their conflicting demands to save our world.
We Are The Caretakers Direct Play:
DARK NARRATIVE: The individuals outside your squad matter as much as the rangers you deploy on each map. Follow a grim narrative from devastating losses through a hope of a better future. TECHNOLOGY TREE: From field-level technology upgrades, to large-scale speculative research and development, your technology decisions have a global impact. YOU GET A BABY RAUN: It will nuzzle against your bed long after it grows too large to reasonably do so. It is adorable. The turn-based combat interface is strange. There are no weapons other than your powers and abilities, which appear to be psychic/intangible. The objective is to lower your targets’ attributes until they are “disabled” and taken out of combat (no one really dies). This is fine, but the UI in combat brings you into a 2nd person view of your Caretaker whose turn it currently is. Why would I want to see my own Caretaker? It would be far better to see all the enemies and mouse-over the tooltips so that I can decide who to attack first, and plan my tactical options more efficiently. Moreover, what is the individual’s “threat level” and why is it important to lower it in battle?
- Requires a 64-bit processor and operating system
- OS: Windows 7
- Processor: Intel Core 2 Duo E4700 2.6 GHz or AMD Phenom 9950 Quad Core 2.6 GHz
- Memory: 8 GB RAM
- Graphics: 1GB ATI Radeon HD 5770, 1GB NVIDIA GeForce GTX 460 or better
- Storage: 6 GB available space
- Click the Download Here button above and you should be redirected to GamesDatabase.
- Wait 5 seconds and click on the grey ‘download now’ button. Now let the download begin and wait for it to finish.
- Once the game is done downloading, right click the .zip file and click on “Extract to” (To do this you must have 7-Zip or winrar, which you can get here).
- Double click inside the We Are The Caretakers folder and run the exe application.
- Thats all, enjoy the game! Make sure to run the game as administrator and if you get any missing dll errors, look for a file named All In One Runtimes.exe run this and install it.