About The Game
When Watch Dogs made its debut in 2014, the series kicked off with a fascinating premise: a huge Grand Theft Auto-style open world to explore, coupled with gameplay that turned you into a vigilante hacker. But the final game didn’t live up to that concept. Instead, it was angry and repetitive, with a frustratingly bland story starring a completely forgettable lead. Hacking didn’t end up making it very distinct.
Watch Dogs 2 is different. The sequel moves the series to San Francisco, and puts you in the role of a new hacker, the charming and talented Marcus Holloway. While Watch Dogs 2 is fundamentally very similar to the original — you’ll still spend a lot of time hacking various electronics and sneaking around buildings — these changes make the overall experience feel more exciting, engaging, and perhaps most importantly, fun.
The game is technically a sequel, but it largely stands on its own. There are a few references to the original, and at least one important Watch Dogs character makes an appearance, but you don’t need to have played the original to understand what’s going on. Watch Dogs 2 kicks things off very fast: before you even know what’s going on, or who Marcus is, you’re breaking into a heavily protected building to hack some servers to erase his criminal record, which has been falsified by an unscrupulous tech mogul.
Like the original game, the overarching narrative of Watch Dogs 2 revolves around how large corporations and even governments use the personal data of citizens for their own gain. After his first major brush with this idea, Marcus starts to work with a hacking group called DeadSec, a more lighthearted and playful version of the real world’s Anonymous. Over the course of the game, the group dives into everything from smart homes and cities, to corrupt government officials, to Scientology-like religions. In almost every instance the goal is the same: to expose those who they believe are exploiting people using their data.
- Requires a 64-bit processor and operating system
- OS: Windows 7 SP1, Windows 8.1, Windows 10 (64bit versions only)
- Processor: Intel Core i5 2400s @ 2.5 GHz, AMD FX 6120 @ 3.5 GHz or better
- Memory: 6 GB RAM
- Graphics: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 660 with 2 GB VRAM or AMD Radeon HD 7870
- Network: Broadband Internet connection
- Storage: 27 GB available space
- Click the Download Here button above and you should be redirected to GamesDatabase.
- Wait 5 seconds and click on the grey ‘download now’ button. Now let the download begin and wait for it to finish.
- Once the game is done downloading, right click the .zip file and click on “Extract to” (To do this you must have 7-Zip or winrar, which you can get here).
- Double click inside the Watch Dogs 2 folder and run the exe application.
- Thats all, enjoy the game! Make sure to run the game as administrator and if you get any missing dll errors, look for a file named All In One Runtimes.exe run this and install it.