Tile Tale Direct Download
Tile Tale is a game where you push tiles into a grid. The amount of tiles you have is limited and once you’ve used up all your tiles, the game ends. If you form geometric fields of the same tile type, for example, a 2 by 2 of forest tiles, you score points and gain new tiles. Complete challenges to unlock new content! Find all the different tile types. A lot of them have their own special rules! Just about every Sokpop game that gets released is a fantastic fun game! This one included. While this game is great and has massive potential, it does have a pretty major issue. Portals… As soon as a portal shows up the game is pretty much over. In all of my runs I have managed to get rid of portals twice only to have them spawn again a few turns later, thus ending my run. This needs to be addressed for me to continue playing the game.
Cute artstyle, great music, but the gameplay has some issues. It’s fun and interesting at first, but that gets quickly overshadowed by the portals making it near impossible to see the tiles properly, as well as making it extremely difficult to make it much further once they show up, considering that it takes 2 combos to remove them, and they spawn at a rate faster than you can deal with sometimes. Tiletale is a your classic get tiles, place them loop. Plenty of challenges and several achievements should keep you busy for several hours. The music is good, the game play is simple but addicting, and its pleasant to look it. It works flawlessly on deck, using he touch control which is an interesting mechanic for this game, but was not a choice made by the dev. Does Tiletale still have issues? Sure. These mostly are individualistic and you should feel empowered to mention them in the discord. This dev doesn’t really check steam.
Tile Tale Direct Play:
Some of the bigger issues still remaining for me are the controls, where I believe it is too easy to accidentally place tiles, and the coloring of portals makes it too hard to see. I’ll add, rough launch due to dev pushing an update to gameplay before going on vacation, but came back and set right to work fixing bugs. Sokpop are a 4 person group, some are better at this then others. Great music, cute tiles, compelling puzzling! Really fun. Tile stack and all the little specialty tiles/bonuses make it an interesting game play. It’d be nice if there was an “easy” gameplay mode without portals. They’re possible to outmaneuver if you’re lucky, but some people might just like the chill tile matching. A slightly less obscuring animation might help.
- Requires a 64-bit processor and operating system
- OS: Windows 7
- Processor: Dual Core 2 GHz
- Memory: 4 GB RAM
- Graphics: DirectX 9 compatible with at least 500MB of memory
- DirectX: Version 9.0
- Storage: 1 GB available space
- Sound Card: DirectX 9 compatible sound card or integrated sound chip
- Click the Download Here button above and you should be redirected to GamesDatabase.
- Wait 5 seconds and click on the grey ‘download now’ button. Now let the download begin and wait for it to finish.
- Once the game is done downloading, right click the .zip file and click on “Extract to” (To do this you must have 7-Zip or winrar, which you can get here).
- Double click inside the Tile Tale folder and run the exe application.
- Thats all, enjoy the game! Make sure to run the game as administrator and if you get any missing dll errors, look for a file named All In One Runtimes.exe run this and install it.