The Past Within Direct Download
The past and future cannot be explored alone! Team up with a friend and piece together the mysteries surrounding Albert Vanderboom. Communicate what you see around you to help one another solve various puzzles and explore the worlds from different perspectives! The Past Within is the first co-op only point-and-click adventure set in the mysterious world of Rusty Lake. A co-op experience Play together with a friend, one in The Past, the other in The Future. Work together to solve the puzzles and help Rose set her father’s plan in motion! Two worlds – Two perspectives Both players will experience their environments in two different dimensions: 2D as well as in 3D – a first-time experience in the Rusty Lake universe! Cross-platform play As long as you can communicate with each other, you and your partner of choice can each play The Past Within on your preferred platform: PC, Mac, iOS, Android and (very soon) Nintendo Switch.
Playtime & Replayability The game contains 2 chapters and has an average play-time of 2 hours. For the full experience, we recommend replaying the game from the other perspective. Plus you can use our replayability feature for a fresh start with new solutions to all puzzles. I have to admit I was not thrilled when Rusty Lake announced a co-op only game especially right after the White Door which was not my favorite. Being a long-time follower of the studio and a bit of an antisocial when it comes to video games I cheated and played alone on two different devices (you do have to pay two licenses if you decide to do that). I have to say I did enjoy it, the game is absolutely beautiful, very much in the style of other Rusty Lake games but maybe a little more polished. One of the players is in a classic 2D environment while the other plays in a 3D world reminiscent of the Room franchise (wish I also love). The music and ambiance are great like always.
The Past Within Pre-Installed:
You kind of have to know the universe of the old games to fully enjoy the story of this one (especially Roots) because the Past Within is in my humble opinion almost only about that. The puzzles are not very challenging (probably a little more if you play with someone else and you have to describe everything) especially compared to other games like Paradox. I only played the “bee game”, you get to choose bee or butterfly at the very beginning of the game, and it took me about an hour and a half. Good game. Not better than the best games in the series, but not worse than the others. It really is a spin-off about Albert and Rose, which adds to the fullness of the universe. As a fan of Albert, his story, and his two women, I enjoyed this game. What I didn’t like was a lot of monotonous “look and tell me what you’ve got” puzzles. There was some variety, like the speed riddle and the old-school “make coffee, make the right piece of meat” type of riddles. I wish there was more variety.
- Requires a 64-bit processor and operating system
- OS: Windows 8+
- Processor: 2.4GHz Dual Core
- Memory: 1 GB RAM
- Graphics: 12 MB NVIDIA GeForce 9800 / ATI Radeon HD 2600 XT
- DirectX: Version 10
- Storage: 1 GB available space
- Click the Download Here button above and you should be redirected to GamesDatabase.
- Wait 5 seconds and click on the grey ‘download now’ button. Now let the download begin and wait for it to finish.
- Once the game is done downloading, right click the .zip file and click on “Extract to” (To do this you must have 7-Zip or winrar, which you can get here).
- Double click inside the The Past Within folder and run the exe application.
- Thats all, enjoy the game! Make sure to run the game as administrator and if you get any missing dll errors, look for a file named All In One Runtimes.exe run this and install it.