About The Game
The broad premise of The Forest is far from unique. A plane crash lands on a seemingly deserted island, and you, a lone survivor, have to figure out a way to survive. It doesn’t take long, however, until blood curdling screeches fill the night and glowing eyes appear in the distance. Once it sets in that your new home isn’t as empty as it first appeared, The Forest evolves into a uniquely harrowing adventure that you won’t soon forget.
Cannibals inhabit the grassy fields and pristine lakes around you, watching your every move; they are the source of The Forest’s ever-present tension. You might expect monsters like this to attack on sight, but their behavior is erratic. Sometimes they’ll charge forward to unsettle you during daylight but stop just outside striking distance to simply stare in silence. Other times they might feign a retreat before leaping into nearby trees to quickly get behind you. The Forest’s enemies aren’t easy to predict, which makes each encounter thrilling.
The breadth of enemy types is impressive too, and they can get surprisingly weird. As you explore the island more and dive into terrifying, pitch-black caverns, enemies transform into terrifying body-horror figures–amalgamations of appendages that bellow deep, disturbing howls. They’re frightening to behold and even scarier to fight.
The Forest does a good job of trickling out these surprises while you’re already struggling to manage vital meters and resources. It’s also imperative that you keep a close eye on the quality of the resources you find. Not every berry bush contains a bounty that won’t poison you, and not all water is safe to drink. Meat you gather from hunted animals will rot if not cooked quickly. None of the resulting illnesses are serious enough to dissuade you from eating questionable food if you have no other choice, but needing to think about what you eat adds an additional layer to the minute-to-minute hunter-gatherer gameplay.
- Requires a 64-bit processor and operating system
- OS: Windows 7
- Processor: Intel Dual-Core 2.4 GHz
- Memory: 4 GB RAM
- Graphics: NVIDIA GeForce 8800GT
- DirectX: Version 9.0
- Storage: 5 GB available space
- Sound Card: DirectX®-compatible
- Additional Notes: 32bit windows users need to ensure they have at least 4gb of ram usable on their system.
- Click the Download Here button above and you should be redirected to GamesDatabase.
- Wait 5 seconds and click on the grey ‘download now’ button. Now let the download begin and wait for it to finish.
- Once the game is done downloading, right click the .zip file and click on “Extract to” (To do this you must have 7-Zip or winrar, which you can get here).
- Double click inside the The Forest folder and run the exe application.
- Thats all, enjoy the game! Make sure to run the game as administrator and if you get any missing dll errors, look for a file named All In One Runtimes.exe run this and install it.