The Complex Expedition Free Download PC game in a pre-installed direct link with updates and DLCs from Steam-repacks.
The Complex Expedition Direct Download
The Complex: Expedition takes place in 1988, You are a Magwave researcher sent into the Complex with your team to investigate a mysterious situation. When that expedition goes horribly wrong, the player is left alone and lost, wandering the seemingly infinite maze of hallways. This is a psychological horror experience based on the “Backrooms” urban legend. View the world through a VHS camera and follow along a storyline involving an expedition into the Backrooms. Experience the true Backrooms experience. Explore the mysterious and unforgiving world of the Backrooms. I have some positives and some gripes with this game, but I’ll say this much; If you liked The Complex: Found Footage, you’ll love this, as it’s basically a greatly expanded version of that game. I, myself, did love that game, so this definitely hit all the right notes for me.
I do however wish to make mention that I’m fully aware that this game is in Early Access and not the finished product. I’m aware there’ll be changes and additions. Everything here is written from the perspective of someone who played at launch, and will likely be modified once the game reaches it’s full launch. Much like Found Footage, The Complex: Expedition is a masterwork in liminal space design. The levels are all expertly sculpted and shows that Isar knows exactly what makes liminal spaces tick. Of note, there are plenty of dead ends and “useless” space that really adds to the “broken/fake reality” concept that the Backrooms are known for, like a staircase that leads no where, or a little cubby in a wall you can crawl into but no use for it beyond that. I do have with the level design however is that it never really felt “large” enough. The Backrooms are often known as this infinite space that you’ll never be able to escape.
The Complex Expedition Direct Play:
However, there’s almost always something around you in Expedition to act as a landmark to make sure you know where you are, be it a piece of furniture, a door, or even the level geometry itself. Even the more labyrinthine parts felt a bit self-contained. I do, however, note that it clearly says at the beginning of the game that this version of the Backrooms is of its own design, so this could easily just be chocked up to personal opinion more than anything. There was also many teasers before the games launch hinting at some larger plotline, but after playing through the game, there really wasn’t much of anything. What was there was pretty bog standard, and what you would find in many Backrooms videos on YouTube, of the Research Institute sends Underpaid Hazmat Guy to explore the Hallways, only for the Rooms to magic the Hazmat Guy away from the rest of his co-workers and leave him wandering.
- Requires a 64-bit processor and operating system
- OS: WINDOWS® 10+(64-BIT Required)
- Processor: Intel® Core™ i5-4460, 2.70GHz or AMD FX™-6300 or better
- Graphics: NVIDIA® GeForce® GTX 760 or AMD Radeon™ R7 260x with 2GB Video RAM
- DirectX: Version 11
- Click the Download Here button above and you should be redirected to GamesDatabase.
- Wait 5 seconds and click on the grey ‘download now’ button. Now let the download begin and wait for it to finish.
- Once the game is done downloading, right click the .zip file and click on “Extract to” (To do this you must have 7-Zip or winrar, which you can get here).
- Double click inside the The Complex Expedition folder and run the exe application.
- Thats all, enjoy the game! Make sure to run the game as administrator and if you get any missing dll errors, look for a file named All In One Runtimes.exe run this and install it.