SOWON Direct Download
Dream, time, and memories Mom and dad are disappeared! In the middle of night, while a girl woke up and wandering around home, she fell on the rusty garbage dump. Can Sowon go back to her world out from this strange world? Got an invitation from the ugliest doll! Can Sowon wake up if she would tumble and fall? In the toy world, beauty and fear coexist and all living things are toys. There also might be a toy you want. Many of the world’s ugliest dolls appear in this game. Go on a wonderful trip with toys in SOWON. Meet various dolls with crooked charm in the toy world! Unique puzzles and whole new places you’ve never been are waiting for you. SOWON is game that includes a lot of puzzles and a little backtracking in some parts og the game. Graphic wise the game looks good.
Quick review: I was actually offered a free Steam key through the Steam Curator Connect program, but I turned it down because I only do VR reviews. However, I absolutely loved the art style so I decided to go ahead and buy this game. The aesthetic reminds me so much of Tim Burton’s The Nightmare Before Christmas. So far I’m really enjoying this little puzzle adventure game. The puzzles haven’t been difficult so far, but it’s definitely been a crazy game where I never know what to expect next. I like to support Indie devs and this is a solo dev who made this game for his daughter Sowon. Lovely all around. It’s kind of sad that it only has one other review though. I hope more people find this little charming gem of a game, especially for Halloween.
It can take between 3-4 hours to beat it depending on how good you are on the puzzles. Playing as Kena was a true delight, mainly because of her wonderful personality. As a Spirit Guide, her role is to help those souls that are still tangled in this world due to their past sufferings, to peacefully cross-over. As such, despite looking very young, she exudes an aura of wisdom, mysticism and calmness. Kena’s warm heart makes her connect to each of the spirits she saves, involving herself in all her missions unconditionally, regardless of what dangers lie ahead. During the conversations that she has with other characters or with her companions, no matter whether they are children, sages, or non-human entities, her gestures and demeanor constantly express a deep respect and politeness, humbleness and compassion towards their past sufferings. For me, she was a long-awaited break from what seems to be an increasing trend in edgy teenage protagonists whose personality actually makes me unable to empathize or connect with them (I’m neither a teenager, nor edgy – I hope). Totally opposite of that, Kena’s admirable character and positivity makes one effortlessly like her.
- Requires a 64-bit processor and operating system
- OS: Windows 7 SP1 with Platform Update for Windows 7
- Processor: Intel i5-6600
- Memory: 4 GB RAM
- Graphics: NVDIA GeForce GTX 1060
- DirectX: Version 11
- Storage: 10 GB available space
- Click the Download Here button above and you should be redirected to GamesDatabase.
- Wait 5 seconds and click on the grey ‘download now’ button. Now let the download begin and wait for it to finish.
- Once the game is done downloading, right click the .zip file and click on “Extract to” (To do this you must have 7-Zip or winrar, which you can get here).
- Double click inside the SOWON folder and run the exe application.
- Thats all, enjoy the game! Make sure to run the game as administrator and if you get any missing dll errors, look for a file named All In One Runtimes.exe run this and install it.