Shadows Over Loathing Direct Download
Mobsters, monsters, and mysteries — welcome to Shadows over Loathing, the shady side of an already black-and-white world, and a follow-up to the award-winning West of Loathing. Your Uncle Murray has requested your aid at his antique shop in Ocean City, but upon your arrival the old man is nowhere to be found. Your investigation into his disappearance and the artifacts he’s been collecting takes a turn when you stumble across some shadowy plots (and a bunch of squirming eldritch tentacles) that threaten to bring about the end of the world. Explore a sprawling open world chock full of danger, quests, puzzles, and stick figures in this single-player comedy adventure RPG set in the prohibition era of the Loathing universe. See how many enemies you can stuff into a phone booth as the athletic Pig Skinner, control the curds and whey of the cosmos as the cunning Cheese Wizard, or march to the beat of your own inscrutable purposes as the hip Jazz Agent.
That is to say, if you’re looking for an extremely in-depth and challenging RPG experience, this isn’t your game. It’s a class-based, turn-based party system where your custom character, a familiar, one of multiple party members, and whatever guests and summonable creatures you can muster square up against the dark forces of the world. There’s generally no end-state resulting from a loss in combat (in fact, losing can beneficial when not meaningless, with either temporary buffs granted upon defeat, or easily-removed penalties), and you start out with a dearth of combat options before gradually becoming so overpowered in combat you can steamroll through standard mobs, and it becomes more like a chore to get dragged into a fight than an engaging experience. It’s telling that the game can be played completely without undergoing a single fight (there’s even an achievement for it), although for the sake of “the experience”, I still suggest at least one combat playthrough: the various enemies, weapons, and effects can be amusing all their own and elicit a chuckle or two on occasion.
Shadows Over Loathing Pre-Installed:
The story and script are the true stars of the show. Inspired by the works of H.P. Lovecraft (look at the title!) and the early 20th century in which he lived, but with that unmistakable Loathing-charm that makes even the eldritch more absurd than frightening – although there is the occasional moment where even this world can be unnerving, if never outright scary. The world also takes myriad cues from science fiction, fantasy, and just the right splash of contemporary pop culture — basically the same wonderfully-done mishmash that KoL and its spin-offs have always excelled in. I originally played and loved West of Loathing because it leaned into the understanding good games are good experiences, not good looks. So much easier said than done, I’m glad this title continues in the same well-written direction.
- Requires a 64-bit processor and operating system
- OS: Windows 7 SP1+
- Processor: 2.8 GHz Intel® Core™2 Duo or better
- Memory: 2 GB RAM
- Graphics: 512 MB card with DX10 (shader model 4.0) capabilities
- Storage: 4 GB available space
- Click the Download Here button above and you should be redirected to GamesDatabase.
- Wait 5 seconds and click on the grey ‘download now’ button. Now let the download begin and wait for it to finish.
- Once the game is done downloading, right click the .zip file and click on “Extract to” (To do this you must have 7-Zip or winrar, which you can get here).
- Double click inside the Shadows Over Loathing folder and run the exe application.
- Thats all, enjoy the game! Make sure to run the game as administrator and if you get any missing dll errors, look for a file named All In One Runtimes.exe run this and install it.