ROTA Direct Download
ROTA is a gravity bending puzzle platforming adventure! A new game brought to you by the creator of Tiny Crate. I’m super impressed with how far the main concept of this game can be stretched. While two levels may look similar, each has a new concept to learn, and may play completely different from the last. In the later levels it can be frustrating to bump into a spike hiding under a block, mess up a jump, or otherwise lock yourself out of being able to complete the puzzle because you’ll have to start from scratch. This made me hesitant to try new things, or go for jumps that later turned out to be the correct move. A quick save feature similar to Portal 2’s would be fantastic for exploring new ideas, and locking in parts of the solution that are understood.
ROTA is a game where your character can rotate the world by walking around the edges. Jumping over edges won’t rotate the world. This concept sounds very simple on paper, but the developer applied this concept in so many creative ways and created fantastic challenges behind each of the game’s doors. Add some spike traps and moveable boxes to the formula and the puzzles are now really tricky and challenging. I liked that the platforming aspect is not overly complex, you don’t have to worry about “making the jump” or complex timing. What an intriguing little game! A very clever problem solver, where you have to think about how the level will rotate, and which position you will be in. You do have to think 1 or 2 moves ahead, so thankfully it’s not too painful on the old head, but still retains the feeling of accomplishment when you do solve a tricky level (or ace a level in your first go.
There are two types of combat – regular and board game type. But first I should explain the combat system. It involves collecting cards and rolling your dice. You get the cards from completing quests and card seller. There are several types of cards, like attack, defense, hazard, etc. So for example if you want to have a sword, you throw a dice and draw the sword card and then you hit enemies with it. Same goes for any other type of weapon or effect. There are bombs, bows, defensive buffs and so on. You can have 15 cards in use for combat and draw from 5 cards only at once. You modify and build your deck to your liking.
- Requires a 64-bit processor and operating system
- OS: Windows 7
- Graphics: Support for OpenGL 3.0
- Storage: 75 MB available space
- Click the Download Here button above and you should be redirected to GamesDatabase.
- Wait 5 seconds and click on the grey ‘download now’ button. Now let the download begin and wait for it to finish.
- Once the game is done downloading, right click the .zip file and click on “Extract to” (To do this you must have 7-Zip or winrar, which you can get here).
- Double click inside the ROTA folder and run the exe application.
- Thats all, enjoy the game! Make sure to run the game as administrator and if you get any missing dll errors, look for a file named All In One Runtimes.exe run this and install it.