Quarantine Direct Download
Quarantine is exactly the name of the game in this cross between Plague Inc and XCOM. Though, IMHO the game is a junior version of both, with only some of the traits of each. It could almost be a mod for Plague Inc., except that it is a much simpler game. The game is composed of 3 disease types, which need to be beaten on hard mode to 100% the game. This means that theoretically, given you understand the gameplay, you could beat it in 3 games after the short tutorial. But, there are also 4 different classes, like in XCOM. You play with all 4, but you start with your choice, which makes for totally diverse game play depending on your start. You also have 4 different start cities, which seem to me to have little to nothing to do with result. I chose to start with playing the 3 disease types on medium difficulty, each time with a different start class. No problems were encountered. I had all the achieves except for that final one, so I then did the final 3 hard mode games for the win in a total of 8 hours. (6 games) It could have been much less, except I played around with the different classes a bit, and I played totally online the whole time.
Given the simplistic system of UI, the graphics and art are both well done. I saw no problems whatsoever. The music and sound effects were great. The men & women operatives had their cliché phrases like in XCOM. They gave their lives willingly if need be. It was an enjoyable experience for me, seeing that sim & tbt are my favorite genre. Very satisfying gameplay I must say, overall, though quite easy. And, if you have problems with that, in the same way that shots can be missed in XCOM (even with 97% chance) you can save & reload whenever you want to beat the rng. I am really enjoying this game. It’s an excellent turn based strategy that unlike so many games, has you working to save the world instead of just killing stuff. It feels very much like a multiplayer board game where you’re in control of all the players. I think it would be very kid friendly too, since no disease effects are particularly graphic, and there’s almost no sense of violence.
Since leaving early access, there has still been devlopment, both in the workshop and to the base game. They just put out a balancing patch that I think helped make lesser used classes much more relevant. Scenarios happen at random times and are presented as a paragraph of text describing how civilians/businessmen/celebrities are doing something stupid, causing the virus to spread. You’ll usually get two or three options for how to deal with it, which have a % chance to succeed or fail. Success mainly results in a reduction of infection, or an increase in quarantine, whilst failure increases the infection.
- Requires a 64-bit processor and operating system
- OS: Windows 7 or newer, 32-bit
- Processor: i3-2125
- Memory: 4 GB RAM
- Graphics: 2 GB VRAM
- DirectX: Version 10
- Network: Broadband Internet connection
- Storage: 5 GB available space
- Click the Download Here button above and you should be redirected to GamesDatabase.
- Wait 5 seconds and click on the grey ‘download now’ button. Now let the download begin and wait for it to finish.
- Once the game is done downloading, right click the .zip file and click on “Extract to” (To do this you must have 7-Zip or winrar, which you can get here).
- Double click inside the Quarantine folder and run the exe application.
- Thats all, enjoy the game! Make sure to run the game as administrator and if you get any missing dll errors, look for a file named All In One Runtimes.exe run this and install it.