Papa’s Quiz Direct Download
Papa’s Quiz is a party game for 1-8 players. Use phones or tablets as controllers and compete in multiple question types, where the smartest and fastest player will be the last standing victor! Create your avatar, and give it a fun name! Dress it up with creative clothes and use it to express your victories in the game. Give the other players a good fight for which category to play. Tap, tap, tap to win! Papa’s Quiz is exactly what I thought it would be from looking at the store page. It has trivia questions and has a silly nonsensical tone underlining it. The question is, is it a good trivia game? I think so. It does not have an obvious focus on certain countries (especially the US) like most trivia games seem to. There are many US-based categories of course, but there is a decent variety. Ranging from Disney to “things that make you say ew” to dictators and animals. Another big positive is that all topics are modern. There is even a TikTok category (take that as you want), New Zealand category AND Australian TV category. Now the last two may be showing my own bias from living down in this part of the world, but their inclusion is inherently rare. Regardless, up-to-date topics can be difficult to find in smaller projects and I hope to see the developers’ continuing to update the game as time goes on.
Players must “battle” each other to choose one of the four randomised categories. This is done by spamming the directional arrow keys on your phone/keyboard until the cursor is pushed to a selection. The rounds themselves do not have much variety, but are fun, nonetheless. Examples include guessing the slowly appearing picture, choose the correct image answer as the different images are displayed individually and of course, text-based questions. After each short round, the victor will be asked to choose a dance mode. This is a fun addition, but can become repetitive when playing multiple rounds. Although there is an option to skip dance, it is not automatic and feels like wasted time.
Papa’s Quiz Pre-Installed:
I think this is a good alternative for the Jackbox games but it is not as polished as some of the Jackbox trivia games. I like that there is a variety of categories to choose from and and I like the character customization. However, one trivia game can go on for a bit long in my opinion. A game is usually about 20 minutes with 5 rounds. I think maybe the game developers could look into letting the players customize the amount of rounds per game, if people want to play a short trivia game. Also to make the game easier for streaming, maybe the questions could appear on the devices that everyone is playing on to eliminate lag. Overall, it’s a decent game but needs a bit of improvement to be great. If you’re a trivia buff, I say get it and if you’re unsure you’ll like it then wait for a discount.
- Requires a 64-bit processor and operating system
- OS: Windows 10 (64-bit Version)
- Processor: i5-3320M @ 2.60 GHz
- Memory: 4 GB RAM
- Graphics: NVIDIA GeForce GT 400+ or ATI Radeon HD 5000+
- DirectX: Version 10
- Network: Broadband Internet connection
- Storage: 1 GB available space
- Click the Download Here button above and you should be redirected to GamesDatabase.
- Wait 5 seconds and click on the grey ‘download now’ button. Now let the download begin and wait for it to finish.
- Once the game is done downloading, right click the .zip file and click on “Extract to” (To do this you must have 7-Zip or winrar, which you can get here).
- Double click inside the Papa's Quiz folder and run the exe application.
- Thats all, enjoy the game! Make sure to run the game as administrator and if you get any missing dll errors, look for a file named All In One Runtimes.exe run this and install it.