About The Game
Need for Speed: Underground 2 is a cross-platform racing video game and the eighth installment in the Need for Speed series, the direct sequel to Need for Speed: Underground. It was developed and published by Electronic Arts in 2004, for Microsoft Windows, Game Boy Advance, GameCube, PlayStation 2, Xbox, PlayStation Portable, Nintendo DS and mobile phones. Like its predecessor, it was also commercially successful, selling around 11 million copies worldwide and breaking sales records in the United Kingdom
The game entails tuning cars for street races, resuming the Need for Speed: Underground storyline. Need for Speed: Underground 2 provides several new features, such as a broader customization, new methods of selecting races, the “explore” mode in a large city known as “Bayview”. The City Center was based on Philadelphia, Beacon Hill was based on Beverly Hills and Coal Harbor was based on Camden, New Jersey, and the Stadium area was based on Paul Brown Stadium in Cincinnati. Brooke Burke is the voice of Rachel Teller, the person who guides the player throughout the game. The game’s storyline is presented
The story begins after the player has beaten Eddie and his street gang – “The Eastsiders” along with Melissa in Olympic City and is now revered as the best street racer in Olympic City. After a race, the player is called by an unidentified man with an “invitation” to join his team and that he “is not taking no for an answer.” The player ends the call without giving an answer and starts driving to a party but is ambushed by a Hummer H2 that rams his Nissan Skyline GT-R, wrecking it (although the player may have never used the Skyline when playing the previous game, it would have been included in the player garage). A man with a scythe tattoo on his hand calls to confirm that he “took care of a problem.” The intro scene takes place in the Lower Eastside area of Bayview, rather than a location from Olympic City.
Six months later, the player boards a plane to Bayview with a good luck note from Samantha that also refers to her friend, Rachel Teller. The player arrives in Bayview, buys his first car using the money provided by the insurance on his totaled Nissan Skyline, and starts racing again. The player soon gains fame and sponsorship deals from winning races and gets the attention of “The Wraiths” and their leader, Caleb Reece. Caleb is revealed to be the driver of the Hummer that wrecked the player’s car in Olympic City.
Rachel reveals to the player that Caleb is attempting to take control of the racing scene in Bayview by manipulating the sponsorship deals in his favour, threatening the player’s livelihood, and Rachel’s liaison with the sponsors. Caleb attempts to have the player lose an Underground Racing League tournament by placing Nikki Morris, a Wraith member, in the same tournament as the player’s. This ultimately fails, and Nikki leaves the Wraiths after Caleb berates her for losing; she then joins Rachel and the player’s side. Nikki warns them of the consequences of Caleb’s plan if he takes over the city’s street racing scene.
- Requires a 64-bit processor and operating system
- Processor: Intel® Core™2 Duo 2.6 GHz or AMD Athlon™ 64 X2 4000+ or better
- Memory: Vista 2 GB RAM / XP 1 GB RAM
- Graphics: All NVIDIA® GeForce® 7800 GT 256 MB and better chipsets. All ATI Radeon™ X1800 256 MB and better chipsets
- DirectX®: Microsoft DirectX 9.0c
- Hard Drive: 4GB of free hard drive space
- Click the Download Here button above and you should be redirected to GamesDatabase.
- Wait 5 seconds and click on the grey ‘download now’ button. Now let the download begin and wait for it to finish.
- Once the game is done downloading, right click the .zip file and click on “Extract to” (To do this you must have 7-Zip or winrar, which you can get here).
- Double click inside the Need for Speed Underground 2 folder and run the exe application.
- Thats all, enjoy the game! Make sure to run the game as administrator and if you get any missing dll errors, look for a file named All In One Runtimes.exe run this and install it.