Grayland Direct Download:
A noir story of a tiny bird fighting in the colourless world of Grayland. Grayland is a story driven side-scroller game with unique art style. You, as a tiny bird find yourself in the middle of the war between the Human and the Alien forces. The war scorched the earth and made the once peaceful land radioactive. Fly and fight your way through the radiation filled lands, save your loved one and your children. Fly inside the mines and ruins, eliminate the radioactive hotspots, avoid the drones hunting you, and beat the bosses. During the levels you face different enemies and continuously discover the puzzles of the story. Developers submitted Grayland on my Curator page.
I’m writing the review just for not being ungrateful. I spent some time carefree by playing a 10$ game for free for around 2 hours! It’s a mobile game, not my cup of tea, nothing to do with my project VGArt. Btw I appreciated some features: inertia sensation while flying, environmental narration on the background, gray aesthetics, piano music (too repetitive). Style is heavily inspired by Limbo and Inside, but Grayland doesn’t reach absolutely the same quality, intelligence, creativity, originality, meaning, depth as Playdead titles. At the beginning mechanics and challenges seem fun, then it gets boring, challenges are more and more hard. I have not completed it. I didn’t understand why you cannot make the bird turn left !!! Boh! Well, it’s not bad nor good.
Grayland Direct Play:
I’d like to start off by saying that this game looks and sounds great. The world consists largely of silhouettes in shades of gray but uses a color of your choosing to highlight things of importance. The controls seem a little simplistic but that lends itself well towards being intuitive while leaving enough room for including sections with legitimate difficulty. That’s not entirely the focal point of this game however. Without ever uttering a word, we’re engaged by the story of loss and the protagonist’s mission to make things right. I know there are a lot of nasty things going on in the world right now but the plight of this poor bird is terrible. His friend has been taken by nasty humans and he has to get it back. The game is all gray scale with black indicating deadly objects and blue indicating pickups or leavings, you know, the kind you find on your car bonnet. It does get difficult but the checkpoints are often which was a relief. I got through a hard part then died right after it but it spawned me past my problems, phew! It has a nice art style and is a well made title all things considered. Take a look.
- Requires a 64-bit processor and operating system
- OS: Windows 7
- Processor: 2GHz + Processor
- Memory: 1024 MB RAM
- Graphics: DirectX 10 Compatible Video Card
- DirectX: Version 10
- Storage: 500 MB available space
- Sound Card: Windows-based sound card
- Click the Download Here button above and you should be redirected to GamesDatabase.
- Wait 5 seconds and click on the grey ‘download now’ button. Now let the download begin and wait for it to finish.
- Once the game is done downloading, right click the .zip file and click on “Extract to” (To do this you must have 7-Zip or winrar, which you can get here).
- Double click inside the Grayland folder and run the exe application.
- Thats all, enjoy the game! Make sure to run the game as administrator and if you get any missing dll errors, look for a file named All In One Runtimes.exe run this and install it.