About The Game
The award-winning Far Cry franchise that stormed the tropics and the Himalayas now enters the original fight for humanity’s survival with its innovative open-world sandbox gameplay, bringing together massive beasts, breathtaking environments, and unpredictable savage encounters. Welcome to the Stone Age, a time of extreme danger and limitless adventure, when giant mammoths and sabretooth tigers ruled the Earth and humanity is at the bottom of the food chain. As the last survivor of your hunting group, you will learn to craft a deadly arsenal, fend off fierce predators, and outsmart enemy tribes to conquer the land of Oros and become the Apex Predator.
The biggest change Primal makes to the Far Cry formula is the focus on melee weaponry. The left mouse button performs a quick attack, and holding the button unleashes a stronger blow. The right mouse button puts Takkar in throwing stance, which lets you toss a weapon at a target. This is ideal for hurling spears, but not so much for tossing clunky clubs. That said, throwing a club at an enemy can prove valuable in a pinch.
Arrows are your go-to projectiles for most encounters, but even they have their limits. Arrows have a clear trajectory and a very noticeable travel time, unlike the sniper-like arrows found in Rise of the Tomb Raider . Unless you are engaged in an ambush, you will need to lead your shots if you want to hit moving targets. Primal’s requires a good amount of familiarity with the weapon, which I found very involving. Of course, as it is a console port, Primal also has an aim assist if you can’t hit your mark, so you can always turn on that option if you are having trouble.
As a struggling caveman, you have very restricted inventory space. With only two clubs, two spears, and eight arrows at the start, there is a hard limit on what you can hunt or defend yourself against. The game lets you collect used arrows and weapons from people you kill, which slightly alleviates the inventory issue. However, if you cannot kill your target with what you have equipped, it might just run off with all your arrows and spears embedded in its hide, never to be seen again.
- Requires a 64-bit processor and operating system
- OS: Windows 7, Windows 8.1, Windows 10 (64-bit versions only)
- Processor: Intel Core i3-550 | AMD Phenom II X4 955 or equivalent
- Memory: 4 GB RAM
- Graphics: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 460 (1GB VRAM) | AMD Radeon HD 5770 (1GB VRAM) or equivalent
- Storage: 20 GB available space
- Click the Download Here button above and you should be redirected to GamesDatabase.
- Wait 5 seconds and click on the grey ‘download now’ button. Now let the download begin and wait for it to finish.
- Once the game is done downloading, right click the .zip file and click on “Extract to” (To do this you must have 7-Zip or winrar, which you can get here).
- Double click inside the Far Cry Primal folder and run the exe application.
- Thats all, enjoy the game! Make sure to run the game as administrator and if you get any missing dll errors, look for a file named All In One Runtimes.exe run this and install it.