About The Game
Dynasty Warriors 8: Xtreme Legends” introduces entirely new levels of fun to the refreshing gameplay vanquishing swarms of enemies with mighty warriors found in “Dynasty Warriors 8.” In story mode, where you can immerse yourself in the vivid tales of the Romance of the Three Kingdoms, it is now possible to play as the mighty warrior “Lu Bu,” and embark on a journey that depicts his way of life. Additionally, many new hypothetical scenarios to existing Romance of the Three Kingdoms battles have been added, as well as new playable characters, weapons types, growth/speedrun elements, and more! What’s more, a revamped Ambition Mode and completely new Challenge Mode offer whole new ways to enjoy the “Dynasty Warriors 8” universe.
The story mode retains the same faction-based storyline and returns with seamless cutscenes. In addition, each of the characters of the “Other” faction has one scenario dedicated to them, forming a loose “Other” faction story mode, in a first for the series. Stages now have more freedom of progression for the player, unlike the previous installment, which was strongly preset in means of stage routes. A selection of up to four characters will be offered for each stages in story mode, instead of controlling a pre-defined character; the mission objectives in each level differ based on the character chosen. The story has been entirely rewritten, with each of the four factions’ stories dividing into a historical path and a
hypothetical path at a critical portion of their stories. Each mission may have a number of optional objectives which unlock additional side story missions or alter the course of history, such as the moment where the flood attack in Fan Castle fails and therefore saves Guan Yu’s life from being extinguished and therefore in relation also saves Zhang Fei from the betraying officers. In order to unlock the hypothetical path, players must complete all of the optional objectives in both the main and side stories prior to the critical point of the storyline. The game also allows a co-op play of the story mode and it can be played both offline and online. However, online co-op is only available on the PS3, and Xbox 360. The PC version does not have online multiplayer. In the previous installment to the franchise, Dynasty Warriors 7, the story mode was only single-player
Xtreme Legends adds an additional storyline for Lu Bu’s forces, primarily focused on Lu Bu, Chen Gong, and Zhang Liao. In addition, a series of hypothetical missions are added to the four main kingdoms’ storylines, mostly recreating historical events with a slight hypothetical twist (for example, one Wei mission is premised on Cao Cao sparing Lu Bu after the Battle of Xiapi and utilizing him in the Battle of Guandu, while a Shu scenario has Liu Bei turning to Sun Ce rather than Cao Cao after the Battle of Xiaopei). Each of the three main kingdoms contains a two-part “mini-campaign” centered around the new character introduced to their respective factions (Yu Jin, Fa Zheng, and Zhu Ran), while the Jin faction, having no new characters, has a three-part mini-campaign featuring a fictional version of Zhong Hui’s Rebellion. Each campaign concludes with a whimsical side-story mission, not set to any particular timeline. Additional “Other” scenarios are also included for the Other faction.
- Requires a 64-bit processor and operating system
- OS: Windows Vista, Windows 7, Windows 8
- Processor: Dual core CPU 2.4 GHz or better
- Memory: 256 MB RAM
- Graphics: NVIDIA® GeForce® 8600 or better
- DirectX: Version 9.0c
- Storage: 18 GB available space
- Sound Card: Standard audio device
- Click the Download Here button above and you should be redirected to GamesDatabase.
- Wait 5 seconds and click on the grey ‘download now’ button. Now let the download begin and wait for it to finish.
- Once the game is done downloading, right click the .zip file and click on “Extract to” (To do this you must have 7-Zip or winrar, which you can get here).
- Double click inside the DYNASTY WARRIORS 8 Xtreme Legends folder and run the exe application.
- Thats all, enjoy the game! Make sure to run the game as administrator and if you get any missing dll errors, look for a file named All In One Runtimes.exe run this and install it.