About The Game
The goal of DayZ is to stay alive and healthy during the conditions of the zombie outbreak that have befallen the in-game world. The player begins equipped with only simple clothes, a glow stick and 4 rags, and must begin exploring the large 225 km2 landscape of the fictional former Soviet Republic of Chernarus to investigate locations such as houses, barns, and apartments to scavenge supplies. These supplies include food and water, which are basic keys to prolonging the player’s life. Beyond the basics of survival, players can find
various forms of clothing, which not only allow them to customize their characters, but can bring the benefit of extra storage space for supplies and warmth.Also scattered around the map are a variety of weapons, allowing players to protect themselves from zombies and other players, if necessary. These are largely focused on a range of melee weapons, but a small number of firearms are present, as well as various attachments such as bipods and telescopic sights. Player interaction is a major part of DayZ gameplay. The game provides in-game voice chat which allows players to communicate with each other within a certain distance. Text chat is also provided. DayZ also provides in-game actions such as the ability to wave to other players and allowing players to put their hands up in order to show that they surrender.
While travelling around the game, players can also find various medical supplies as the environment poses a range of threats to their characters. Planned features include diseases such as cholera, dysentery and hepatitis, which can be caught by ingesting dirty water or rotten food and must be cured with the appropriate medicines. If a player is shot or otherwise hurt, items on their person may be damaged The player may also start bleeding and must be bandaged quickly to minimize blood loss; excessive damage or blood loss will result in serious deterioration of vision for the player and can render them unconscious. The game also includes hundreds of public domain books throughout the map for players to read, including titles such as War of the Worlds and Moby-Dick.
Planned features of the game include being able to build bases in the world in which players can keep their items safe, with the possibility of security systems and programmable computers having been considered. The standalone game will build on the text and close range voice chat of the mod version by including a new whisper channel, which will allow players to communicate over a very short distance without players nearby hearing, as well as radios (based on the “ACRE” mod for ARMA 2), which will allow longer range communication, including the possibility of encrypted two-way radios and player-run radio stations. A number of features which have been added[when?] to the release are hunting animals and cooking.
- Requires a 64-bit processor and operating system
- OS: Windows 7/8.1 64-bit
- Processor: Intel Core i5-4430
- Memory: 8 GB RAM
- Graphics: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 760 or AMD R9 270X
- DirectX: Version 11
- Storage: 16 GB available space
- Sound Card: DirectX®-compatible
- Click the Download Here button above and you should be redirected to GamesDatabase.
- Wait 5 seconds and click on the grey ‘download now’ button. Now let the download begin and wait for it to finish.
- Once the game is done downloading, right click the .zip file and click on “Extract to” (To do this you must have 7-Zip or winrar, which you can get here).
- Double click inside the DayZ folder and run the exe application.
- Thats all, enjoy the game! Make sure to run the game as administrator and if you get any missing dll errors, look for a file named All In One Runtimes.exe run this and install it.