Chasm The Rift Free Download PC game in a pre-installed direct link with updates and dlcs, for mac os x dmg from steam-repacks.com Nintendo Switch latest.
About The Game
Having its roots in 1997 and developed in Ukraine, Chasm: The Rift is one of the most thrilling and innovative FPS from this era and the first Eastern European boomer shooter ever made Feeling you are no longer alone, you turn, with just enough time to shoot, killing the mutation charging mercilessly toward you. You begin to sense an eerie feeling of fear in the air, but your skin crawls as you realize it’s your own…What was that thing? Again and again you shoot, battling more strange beasts; all grotesque mutations of creatures you once knew. Suddenly the inexplicable becomes clear. Time channels have formed in the Earth’s atmosphere, turning once normal life forms into something they were never meant to be. As part of a special commando unit, you must not only ward off and eradicate the beasts, but destroy the time channels to finally rid the Earth of these deadly mutations.
This particular port is… well, not really a port as such. More of a reverse engineering and by-sight recreation, as the source code was apparently lost. It’s not a perfect recreation but it’s close enough, with most of the changes being minor differences in lighting and particle effects that only dedicated fans of the original would notice. It’s a fair tradeoff for the silky smooth framerate, high res support, and across the board QoL improvements the port offers. I’d definitely recommend it as the best way to experience Chasm for the first time. But if you want to check out the game in its 100% original form… you can do that also! This version comes with a special DosBox port of the original game which I gather was overseen by the DosBox team themselves to get it running as smoothly as possible. The original game is notoriously tricky to run through DosBox, and previously the best way to play it was my own package called Chasm Portable, which combined several fixes to make it relatively playable. From what I’ve seen, this DosBox version is just as good or better than what I put together, and is likely now the definitive way to emulate og Chasm.
Chasm The Rift Direct Download:
Back in the late 90s my best friend knew some Russian guy he went to boarding school with who was notorious for having pirated copies of every game in existence. One day I saw a large CD spindle on his desk with about 100 discs on it. And there I found it, Chasm: The Motherf*ckin’ Rift for the very first time. I don’t think I ever finished this game back then and have forgotten absolutely everything about it expect the very first level. Because of the lack of source ports over the years (apparently the source code was lost) and no official release on Steam I never got the chance to replay and finish this game. But since this game is so unique it stuck with me for way over two decades. So here we are, I bought the game the second it released and I seriously enjoy it. Everything is “chunky”, the pixelated textures, the models, the sound. If you want a great FPS from days gone by this is for you.
- Requires a 64-bit processor and operating system
- OS: 64-bit Windows 7 / 8.1 / 10 / 11
- Processor: Dual Core 2Ghz Processor
- Memory: 4 GB RAM
- Graphics: DirectX 11 compatible for 1920×1080
- DirectX: Version 11
- Storage: 2 GB available space
- Click the Download Here button above and you should be redirected to GamesDatabase.
- Wait 5 seconds and click on the grey ‘download now’ button. Now let the download begin and wait for it to finish.
- Once the game is done downloading, right click the .zip file and click on “Extract to” (To do this you must have 7-Zip or winrar, which you can get here).
- Double click inside the Chasm The Rift folder and run the exe application.
- Thats all, enjoy the game! Make sure to run the game as administrator and if you get any missing dll errors, look for a file named All In One Runtimes.exe run this and install it.