Chasing Static Free Download PC game in a pre-installed direct link with updates and DLCs from Steam-repacks.
Chasing Static Direct Download
In the dead of night a fierce storm rages across North Wales. Miles from any town, Chris Selwood seeks refuge in a remote roadside café. Shortly thereafter Chris experiences a horrific sight as he finds the café waitress pinned to the ceiling by something with fierce glowing eyes, he passes out waking up to the dusty old abandoned remains of the café. Explore the untouched wilderness of rural Wales as you uncover the forgotten remains of a mysterious facility and try to piece together what happened to the missing villagers of Hearth. Inspired by 80s Sci-Fi horror and contemporary surrealist cinema, Chasing Static delivers a unique take on the narrative adventure genre through new audio driven gameplay mechanics and non-linear exploration. Sonic Exploration – Audio driven gameplay mechanics have you hunting anomalies with an experimental Frequency Displacement Monitoring Device.
Lo-Fi, Hi-Fi – Crunchy low poly visuals reminiscent of PS1 classics with full voice acting, high quality sound design and a modern approach to gameplay. Non-Linear Gameplay – Explore the world of Chasing Static at your own pace, uncovering it’s secrets in any order you please. Bite-sized Terror – A self-contained story with an average playtime of 2 hours. I have mixed feelings about Chasing Static. It is a very well designed game with detailed scenery, excellent voice acting, and a complicated story. The story is told through ‘echo’ flashbacks which you locate with a Receiver Device that you use to find specific frequencies. The order of these story bits are revealed according to your path so their chronology remains a bit elusive and I am not 100% sure (after playing through 3 times) exactly what took place before my arrival.
Chasing Static Pre-Installed:
Much of the game is spent wandering the landscape, receiver in hand, searching for signals. There are a number of inventory items to find but these tend to be located in close proximity to where they are first used. On my first time in the game, the receiver instructions did not spawn so I spent more than an hour wandering with the Receiver device improperly deployed. This is a tough game for completionists, as three achievements are linked to ghostly encounters which are a bit tricky. If you get ‘hit’ by a ghost (which is fairly easy to do when you are getting the lay of the land), said ghost does not respawn unless you start a new game from the very beginning. Thus, you could need to replay through multiple times which becomes a bit tedious since all collectibles must be retrieved on each play through. You cannot skip through the echo dialog so there is no option to ‘speed up’ on a second (or third) time through.
- Requires a 64-bit processor and operating system
- OS: Windows 7/8.1/10 64-bit
- Processor: i5 2300 or AMD FX-6120
- Memory: 8 GB RAM
- Graphics: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 550 Ti or AMD Radeon HD 6770
- DirectX: Version 11
- Storage: 1 GB available space
- Click the Download Here button above and you should be redirected to GamesDatabase.
- Wait 5 seconds and click on the grey ‘download now’ button. Now let the download begin and wait for it to finish.
- Once the game is done downloading, right click the .zip file and click on “Extract to” (To do this you must have 7-Zip or winrar, which you can get here).
- Double click inside the Chasing Static folder and run the exe application.
- Thats all, enjoy the game! Make sure to run the game as administrator and if you get any missing dll errors, look for a file named All In One Runtimes.exe run this and install it.