Bunhouse Direct Download
Bunhouse is just the most wholesome, sweet, good-spirited thing, and its simple joy is a rarity for video games” – Digitally Downloaded Bunhouse could prove to be the most wholesome game of 2021″ – Destructoid Bunhouse is a cute couch co-hop game focused on growing plants and managing a greenhouse with fellow buns. Sometimes life is hectic. Sometimes we just need to take a breather and relax in a happy little world filled with bunnies. This is the core vision of Bunhouse – a game you can play solo or with your friends to relax and be happy. There is nothing to kill, no one to be better than, no quests or debt to pay off, just some plants that need watering and a greenhouse full of possibility. Bunhouse can be enjoyed with up to four friends locally (on the same computer), provided you have at least one less controller than the number of people that want to play. For example, if you would like to play with three people, you’ll need either three controllers, or two controllers and a keyboard. Bunhouse does not have native online multiplayer (and as a solo developer inexperienced in networking, it likely will not receive online multiplayer in the future). Still, online multiplayer is technically possible with Steam’s Remote Play Together feature.
I am essentially in love with this game. I purchased it as soon as it was available on Steam- I was not disappointed even at the beginning! I knew well enough that being a crowdfunded game it would likely have it’s share of bugs and room for growth; I think the best thing about this game IS how much room it has to grow and become the best game it can be. Admittedly I have a crap attention span and played for a few days after it released and completely forgot about it after that as I do with lots of games. I picked it back up just this last week and have devoted hours to it. Lets get into the meat of the review and what I do and don’t like about it! This game is so lovely to relax to. It’s not high stakes, it’s incredibly peaceful, and the bunnies are super cute. I love being able to take care of even more plants than I’m allowed to have in my actual house, and I like the slight uptick in difficulty with the more expensive plants, but it never feels like I’m wasting my carrots (in game currency) when buying additions and plants. It’s an easy game to like if you’re into completely losing a few (or more) hours to just taking care of 3D modeled plants as a 3D modeled rabbit. I’ll reiterate that it’s incredibly nice to veg out to after a long work week.
There aren’t too many bad things to say except for the control system. I was only able to fully enjoy this game with the use of a controller (which is already a disclaimer the developers have added). While I still enjoyed the game playing using a keyboard and mouse, the controls are incredibly clunky and definitely not designed for tapping and clicking. Having access to a controller will really set the tone for the game, and if you’re able to use use Steam Link and stream it to a large screen you can truly immerse yourself. That being said, I would absolutely still recommend this game even if you don’t have a controller- you can still get the hang of the controls and it’s still a really relaxing game! There are bugs still being ironed out- I don’t quite consider that a “con” as every game has patches. Movement of the bunny character might be an adjustment but once you’re past your first ten plants you’ve got the hang of it.
- Requires a 64-bit processor and operating system
- OS: Windows 10 (untested on Windows 7, 8, and 11 but ya know, it probably works)
- Processor: Intel i5 or Ryzen 5 3600
- Memory: 4 GB RAM
- Graphics: GTX 1050 (you probably can’t run this on your momma’s generic laptop)
- Storage: 3 GB available space
- Sound Card: Yeah probably have one of these
- Click the Download Here button above and you should be redirected to GamesDatabase.
- Wait 5 seconds and click on the grey ‘download now’ button. Now let the download begin and wait for it to finish.
- Once the game is done downloading, right click the .zip file and click on “Extract to” (To do this you must have 7-Zip or winrar, which you can get here).
- Double click inside the Bunhouse folder and run the exe application.
- Thats all, enjoy the game! Make sure to run the game as administrator and if you get any missing dll errors, look for a file named All In One Runtimes.exe run this and install it.