BROK the InvestiGator Direct Download
Brok” is a narrative-driven game that blends action, puzzles and investigation in never-before-seen ways. Will you use your brain… or your brawn? In a futuristic “light cyberpunk” world where animals have replaced humans, privileged citizens live under a protective dome from the ambient air pollution while others struggle to make a living on the outside. Brok, private detective and former boxer, lives with Graff, the son of his deceased wife. Although he could never elucidate the nature behind her accident, recent events may shed some light on an even more tragic outcome… one that may be linked to their own existence. Will they be able to withstand the threats of this corrupted world and face their own destiny? One of the very best choices-actually-matter type games I’ve played. The minute to minute gameplay is fairly entertaining as well, the puzzles are well laid out (though don’t be afraid of the hint button to keep the game moving at the pace you’d like), and navigating alternate routes is easy once you hit one ending. And… damn, those endings.
The fighting feels great to someone who enjoys those kind of beat’em ups casually. For the point-and-click aspect and difficulty, I think it’s really fair with the challenges you’re given, but there were times I would’ve been stuck without the in-game hint system. The only complaint I might have is for one of the later missions. I get what they were going for with the repetition of reviewing the same materials several times with it being an investigation to figure out who the guilty party is. Despite the repetition you may encounter in that one mission, I think the plot during it was still very intriguing because I wanted to see what it was building up to the entire time. The world is very interesting, and not so grim that it becomes obnoxious or unbearable- more, realistic in it’s approach. Shocking, given it’s 1,000 some years in the future, everyone’s a furry, and the main character is a walking pun. Definitely worth the asking price, it’a fantastic little game with a great strength in storytelling, the voice acting is fully on point bringing so much more life to the setting, and the game knows when to be humorous, and when to be serious, and when to be somewhat inbetween.
BROK the InvestiGator Pre-Installed:
You know, this is an indie game with a tight budget, so there are a lot of limitations and a lot of opportunities to make more content. I wrote 3 reviews in GOG, pointing these cons, and I’ve could have written more if the character limit for reviews wasn’t only 2000. The harshest review being the one for the Artbook. It has been passed some time and now I’ve realized something. As Brok once said, I was looking to the ground and all I needed, was to raise my eyes to the sky. I was measuring the game with AAA games criteria and focusing in what the game lacks; when I should have appreciated what the game achieved.
- Requires a 64-bit processor and operating system
- OS: Windows 7, 8.1, 10 or 11 (64 bits)
- Processor: 1.5 GHz Dual Core
- Memory: 3 GB RAM
- Graphics: Intel(R) HD Graphics 5000, Nvidia or ATI card with at least 1GB VRAM
- DirectX: Version 11
- Storage: 2 GB available space
- Click the Download Here button above and you should be redirected to GamesDatabase.
- Wait 5 seconds and click on the grey ‘download now’ button. Now let the download begin and wait for it to finish.
- Once the game is done downloading, right click the .zip file and click on “Extract to” (To do this you must have 7-Zip or winrar, which you can get here).
- Double click inside the BROK the InvestiGator folder and run the exe application.
- Thats all, enjoy the game! Make sure to run the game as administrator and if you get any missing dll errors, look for a file named All In One Runtimes.exe run this and install it.