Among the Sleep Enhanced Edition Direct Download
Among the Sleep is a first person horror adventure, in which you play a two year old child. After waking up in the middle of the night to mysterious sounds, you start exploring the dark looking for comfort. The game explores horror through atmosphere and exploration, not with scores and combat systems. In Among the Sleep you’re vulnerable, scared, and trying to make sense of the world. Controller support: Works 100% with Xbox 360 controllers, might have some issues with Xbox One controllers. We are sorry about the inconvience. Well I’m guessing this one prob hits that rare medium of mediocrity where it’s actually pretty good but too short in its playtime and to be considered one of the great horrors. Also, it’s getting a bit dated. This has been sitting in my library forever. I know, I’m late to the party so this review will prob go unread, just another unvalidated opinion set adrift on the sea of the internet, but the game is worth a quick thumbs up review.
Among the Sleep is a great idea and the graphics were probably pretty good for its time. The concept is pretty remarkable and leaves me wondering why other games haven’t already fully exploited it or at least tried to replicate it to some degree. The plot is pretty mundane and straight forward, but made compelling by its perspective. Life as a small child is terrifying. I lived it once, no idea why the heck I tried to go back. That being said this game is fun, atmospheric, and the ending hits like a ton of bricks, even though you expect it. True horror fans will probably find it dull, but if you’re able to put your mind into the shoes of a small child even just for a little bit, it is truly a worthwhile experience. As a side note, I know a lot of reviews complained about bugs. I didn’t have any noticable issues with them when I played, but that doesn’t mean they aren’t there. Double check your specs are beyond the minimum and be mindful you might lose progress. It’s a short game so it’s not the end of the world (I played through twice) just be aware.
Among the Sleep Enhanced Edition Pre-Installed:
I enjoyed the scenery, sound design, and of course, the story. The story is really what saved this game for me. It’s very unique for a horror game, and told brilliantly through the environments, without forcing you to sit through cutscene after cutscene like many other horror games. Charming and memorable game despite the issues listed above Movement is frustrating from start to finish, as the game tries to simulate crawling and walking as a toddler, which is obviously slow. While playing, I ran into some serious bugs which included falling straight through the floor (apparently due to missing collision) into the abyss, forcing me to restart from the last checkpoint – this shouldn’t be happening in an “enhanced” edition. The game is also very short, so I only recommend buying it on sale.
- Requires a 64-bit processor and operating system
- OS: WindowsXP SP2 or higher
- Processor: Dual core 2.4GHz
- Memory: 2048 MB RAM
- Graphics: Video card with 512MB of VRAM
- DirectX: Version 9.0
- Storage: 2 GB available space
- Sound Card: Yes
- Click the Download Here button above and you should be redirected to GamesDatabase.
- Wait 5 seconds and click on the grey ‘download now’ button. Now let the download begin and wait for it to finish.
- Once the game is done downloading, right click the .zip file and click on “Extract to” (To do this you must have 7-Zip or winrar, which you can get here).
- Double click inside the Among the Sleep Enhanced Edition folder and run the exe application.
- Thats all, enjoy the game! Make sure to run the game as administrator and if you get any missing dll errors, look for a file named All In One Runtimes.exe run this and install it.